The first week of February each year marks National School Counseling Week, which focuses public attention on the unique contribution of professional school counselors within U.S. school systems and how students are different as a result of what school counselors do.
At Middle States, we have long realized the importance of school counseling programs, not only in meeting the academic needs of students, but also in meeting their emotional and social needs.
Our School Counseling Program of Distinction recognizes schools with a comprehensive and coherent school counseling program that features counselors who advocate for ensuring equity in student access to all the school's educational opportunities.
- Does your school promote a systemic approach to its school counseling program with measurable outcomes and increased accountability?
- Is your school counseling program supported by administration, governing body, faculty, parents, community and other stakeholders?
- Are your school counseling services age and developmentally appropriate and responsive to the particular needs of your students?
- Are your school counselors given a leadership role in providing services to students?
- Are your school counselors proficient in using student data to influence systemic changes aligning with the school’s mission?
These are just some of the hallmarks of a School Counseling Program of Distinction.
To apply for School Counseling Program of Distinction or to learn more, contact Dan Rufo, Director of Accreditation, at 267.284.5041 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middle States also offers Programs of Distinction in Early Childhood Education, Global Literacies, Music, Service Learning, STEM, Visual Arts and World Languages.