Value-Added benefits of Cooperative Accreditation
As a cooperatively accredited member of the Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools, your school has access to a range of value-added benefits that only Middle States provides.
In addition to the use of our various accreditation protocols, which include options for newly developed schools to those that are already high performing with a strong foundation, other value-added benefits of dual accreditation with Middle States include:
- Eligibility to apply for special recognition of exemplary programs through our Programs of Distinction initiative.
- Access to a worldwide network of more than 2,600 member schools and added credibility that your school is on par with similar schools around the globe.
- Multiple perspectives and increased diversity among peer evaluators, adding to the validity and reliability of your school’s self study.
Accreditation through Middle States – the worldwide leader in accreditation and school improvement – is seamlessly coordinated with our partner agencies, effectively providing your school the best of both worlds.
We encourage you to take advantage of all the benefits cooperative accreditation through Middle States provides. To learn more about the services available to you, contact Dan Rufo, Associate Vice President, Accreditation, at 484-459-3210 or email@example.com.
Did You Know…
- The U.S. Department of Education requires schools to be accredited through Middle States in order to be eligible for certain federal funds and to offer student visas.
- Middle States works cooperatively with the U.S. Department of Education and Foreign Ministries of Education to confirm a school’s curriculum and instruction are adequate to prepare students for post-secondary education in American colleges and universities.
- Some grants and scholarships are only available to graduates from Middle States accredited schools.
- All colleges and universities in the United States recognize Middle States accreditation.
- Middle States accreditation is one of the pre-requisites used by the College Board in determining a school’s eligibility to serve as a College Board test center and to offer Advanced Placement Courses
Our Cooperative Agencies in Accreditation
Accreditation International (AI) *
American Montessori Society (AMS) *
ARRAY Global Education Services
American International Accreditation Association of Schools and Colleges(AIAASC)
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS) *
Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS)
Association of Independent Schools of Florida (AISF) *
Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA) *
Christian Schools International (CSI)
Christian School of Florida (CSF) *
Comision Acreditora de Instituciones Educativas (CADIE)
Commission on Accreditation of Accrediting Association of the Seventh Day Adventist Schools, Colleges, and Universities (AAA) *
Conference of Educational Administrators of Schools and Programs for the Deaf, Inc. (CEASD)
Council of International Schools (CIS)
District of Columbia Public Charter Board (DCPCB)
Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
Florida Association for Child Care Management (FACCM)
Florida Association of Christian Colleges & Schools (FACCS) *
Florida Catholic Conference (FCCAP) *
Intersecting Scripture, Educators, and Inspiration (ISEI) *
Mennonite Education Agency (MEA)
Minnesota Nonpublic School Accrediting Association
National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA) *
National Accreditation Board of Merkos L’Inoyonei Chiniuch (NABLMLIC) *
National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA)
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (NJAIS)
New York Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
North American Christian School Accreditation Agency (NACSAA) *
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
School Alliance for Continuous Improvement (SACI)
Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) *
Tri-State Consortium (Tri-State)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School Accreditation (WELSSA) *
Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Association (WRISA)
* denotes member organization of MSA partner, the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA)